Dedicated to all my fellow retail employees
All of these are oh so painfully true.
I used to work at McDonalds and literally every single one of them has happened to me. Ergh.
Price tag: “2 for $3”
Customer: “so can I get 1 for $1.50?”
Fuck the customer
I have been a cat owner my whole life and I literally never knew that tiger lilies and stargazers were also highly toxic to cats. Even drinking the water from the vase that lilies are in can kill the cat! I brought in a tiger lily from our yard today and just thought to look it up and found out (and of course removed the lily from our house as soon as I saw). How scary!
Other toxic flowers for cats:
- Amaryllis (Amaryllis sp.)
- Autumn Crocus (Colchicum autumnale)
- Azaleas and Rhododendrons (Rhododendron sp.)
- Castor Bean (Ricinus communis)
- Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum sp.)
- Cyclamen (Cyclamen sp.)
- English Ivy (Hedera helix)
- Kalanchoe (Kalanchoe sp.)
- Lilies (Lilium sp.)
- Marijuana (Cannabis sativa)
- Oleander (Nerium oleander)
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum sp.)
- Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
- Sago Palm (Cycas revoluta)
- Spanish thyme (Coleus ampoinicus)
- Tulip and Narcissus bulbs (Tulipa and Narcissus sp.)
- Yew (Taxus sp.)
Important info for cat friends!!!
Now you know
there’s a lot of unspoken pressure to keep liking the things you used to like and to keep dressing the way you’ve always dressed and to never question what you believe in and basically “be yourself” has slowly morphed into “be what everyone knows you as” but trust me when i say if you just give it up and simply make decisions and take actions based purely on what would make you happy, you’ll gain a very comforting sense of self peace
A dinner of Grape and Grilled Pumpkin Salad with a Mint and Olive Oil Vinaigrette dressing
This dish is an unorthodox, yet absolutely perfect combination which really must be tried. Who knew that when you combine my two favourite things - fruit and grilled root vegetables (the pumpkin had grill lines. how sexy!) - it could become something even “favourite-er”? The mint was the perfect addition, and combined with the slightly spicy yet tangy/sweet vinaigrette it makes for the perfect summer salad.